04 June 2009

Colors


My first....and last attempts with colored gels. These were actually taken several years ago at Zaimokuza beach in Kamakura. If i remember correctly, it was about 10ish on a cool spring night. It was kind of freaky being on the beach at that time. Even though I could see the cars passing on the road I couldn't see much of what was in front of me, without using my flash light. I remember freaking out when I saw a couple walking on the beach. I didn't see them until they were just about five steps in front of me. They were curious as to what I was doing so they approached me.


These were taken with my 10D and handy 3-cell, Mag-Lite. Made my colored gels out of thin plexi with colored vinyl adhered for different colors. If I used my strobe I probably would have gotten a better result but.....shoulda coulda woulda.

In all honesty, the results are cool (if they come out the way it's planned) but it has to be one of the boringest (not a word, I know I know...) types of photography I have tried yet. Anyway, if you try this, be patient and expect to go home with only a hand full of shots.