28 February 2008

Ok, I was asked to post the winning photo so here it is. Actually this is from the past and some of you may have seen this one before. I've always liked the photo. Never did I think I'd win but then again, never did I think I'd enter a contest. This photo was taken at Taketomi-jima, Okinawa.

I remember this day very well. I remember seeing a lady on the edge of the pier. I don't quite remember if she was sitting or standing but shot away regardless, in which I captured this shot. She was there for a while and she was alone. I remember her approaching me on her way back to where I was standing near the beach. She asked me to take her photo with her camera. I took the shot for her but what I remember mostly was getting this really gloomy feeling about her. Was it her aura? Was it because she was alone? Whatever it was, it was a feeling that I won't forget and maybe that is what makes this photo so special to me.

Anyway, this is it and I hope you enjoy it!