11 July 2008

Patience


Now,..... Fishing requires a lot of patience. Patience that I don't have. Watching this guy fish for about 30 minutes, was tiring enough. I couldn't imagine what it is like actually fishing because I never have. But either this guy was good or the fish were just way too hungry and were biting like crazy. During the 30 minutes of watching him, he must've made atleast 10 trips back to fill his bucket of fish. On average, I would say he caught about 4 fish each time he reeled the string back in. I don't know my fish names in either Japanese or in English but these things were quite short, but wide and silver. Because of the size, I don't think they would make a great main dish but they were good for a side dish and maybe even 'Hone-senbei' (that's deep fried fish bone). Regardless, it was obvious the reward was worth the patience of waiting. Maybe I will just have to get my butt our there and see what I can catch.