23 May 2006

Finally...

My main computer is up and running again! It was over 2 weeks since I posted my last photo and way too long, I must say. My apologies to those that have been waiting.

Explanation: You'll probably laugh at me....as I can look back and laugh now. I was getting running water effects and triple/quadruple image effects on my monitor from a while back. It was getting worse and worse so I did research on forums and came to believe it was my video card (AGP) on it's last legs. So I thought, hell I have extra PCI video cards, why not overclock my AGP and see what happens. Well apparently, I OCed it too much and fried the thing! So I threw in a PCI vid card and nothing happened. My computer would even boot. Shit!! What did I do now! So I broke out my old computer from the closet and fired it up. Did research on why my other computer wouldn't boot......it'll only boot with an AGP vid card. Shit! Should've researched that first.

Anyway, I found out that it was my monitor and video card crapping out, so I think. The watery effect was my video card on it's last legs and the multiple image effect was my montior on it's last legs.

Also, in the meantime, I didn't take any photos...."why?" Well, my CF cards were full. I couldn't transfer them to my old computer with only 3GB worth of harddrive space. So then, I tried to transfer them to my iPod, to clear my CF cards, but kept on getting errors! The only option was to sit put, not take any photos or mess with my computer and wait for my purchased video card (from eBay) to arrive. And that is what I did.

So what did I learn out of all this? Research! Don't overclock a video card that's crapping out. Research more! PCI isn't always an answer (just like SCSI). Research again! But now, I have a kick-ass monitor and kick-ass video card! I'm happy again! v(^-^)v